Sunday, August 4, 2013

(05-08-2013) { @TheGlamourai } #Summergram [ He4lthherb4l ]


{ @TheGlamourai } #Summergram Aug 5th 2013, 00:21

Summergram3Summertime living is oh-so-sweet! Like I mentioned to you HERE, I moved my life to the seaside for the season, and it’s been an absolute adventure ever since. Have you been following along on Instagram? If not, here’s an overview of the story so far, via a few favorite posted moments…Summergram1I followed my man out here like a lovestruck pup. He’s created an incredible dining experience called TURF, right on Ditch Plains beach in Montauk. Currently in its third summer, its kitchen runs out of a 1967 airstream trailer, and I’ve taken on the job of reinventing the spot’s visual elements. What a fun collaboration it’s been! Together, we painted an imaginative mural on the inside. Outside, we’ve layered handmade benches with antique Japanese and African indigos and vintage blown-glass buoys. We bleached patterns onto a long strip of canvas to build a sheltering canopy, and I painted a totem onto his old surfboard, on which to illustrate each day’s ever-changing menu. The TURF team makes the meanest lobster rolls and farm fresh salads on the east end, and every weekend old friends and new come by to wile away sun-soaked hours fueled by food, music and laughs. If you find yourself in the area this summer, please stop by and see us!
Summergram5The crowd is always a great mix of local surfers plus an international array of artists, photographers, designers and plain old sun-seekers. It’s an ongoing party that everyone from 8 to 80 is invited to.Summergram2Our little beach, Ditch Plains, is a special spot isolated on the tip of Long Island. There’s such an acute sense of community; I’ve been so inspired by that energy and love seeing friends like Athena and Fiona there every day.Summergram12My dreamy dude is the best part of it all, of course. Before moving to New York, Zach and I grew up less than a mile from each other in Austin. We went to high school together, where he played lacrosse with my brother but hardly knew I existed. After that, we didn’t see one another for 10 years (despite my mother’s persistent efforts to connect us in NYC, which I repeatedly, doggedly resisted). Little did I know what I was missing! It was actually our coincidentally mutual friend Athena who finally got the two of us into the same room, and my life really hasn’t been the same since. But that’s a long love story for another day…Summergram4We have FUN together ~ an inseparable team working hard, playing often, and inspiring each other to no end. But glued as I am to the guy, wheels of my own proved to nevertheless be a necessity out here. Thus came my second love, Midge. She’s a little 1979 MG Midget, and I cruise top-down all over Long Island in her, jamming out to old cassette tapes and watching the sky change from scorching sun to a staggering smattering of stars.Summergram8There are only so many days left of summer, but so many moments to be lived, so many beautiful views to be seen. The eye has to travel, and thus so must we.Summergram11|ALL IMAGES| pulled from my Instagram account / follow @TheGlamourai to keep up in real time!Summergram10|FOLLOW ME| on INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN

The post { @TheGlamourai } #Summergram appeared first on .

YOUR COMMENT